Why do people eat turkey at christmas?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why do people eat turkey at christmas?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 23 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Why do people eat turkey at christmas?» often ask the following questions:
▶️ Do people in turkey bake cookies for christmas?
Yes they do
- Why is turkey eaten in christmas?
- Do people in turkey eat turkey?
- Why is turkey always eaten at christmas?
▶️ How does turkey celebrate christmas in turkey?
Not, Since Turkey has Islamic populatin of 99%.
- Do people eat turkey?
- In turkey who is involved when celebrating christmas?
- What to eat instead of turkey on christmas?
▶️ Why do you eat christmas turkey?
I don't eat turkey on Christmas, I eat ham.
- Why did people in the middle ages not eat roast turkey and roast potatoes for christmas dinner?
- Are people from turkey muslim?
- Do chinese people eat turkey?
1 other answer
The turkey might represent something to do with ChristmasANSWER 2:Christmas is traditionally a time when families gather together and the turkey is a big bird that can feed a large number of people at one sitting. Not everyone eats turkey at Christmas but, whatever is cooked, it will be large enough to feed many people.
We've handpicked 23 related questions for you, similar to «Why do people eat turkey at christmas?» so you can surely find the answer!
Does turkey people eat pork?
the question should be 'Do Turkish people eat pork?'and the Answer is No it is against their religions
Do people put turkey dressing in turkey soup?
You can put little bits of dressing in your soup if you like...it's your soup, you can do anything you want. But the soup won't be ruined if you toss some dressing in it while cooking, not too much. The dressing will largely dissolve but the flavor of dressing will remain and the soup will have more body.I pesonaly throw EVERYTHING - Reasonably - with the stock.Put Carcass in the largest pot you have. Fill pot 3/4 full water. I add 3 small cans of chicken stock (to gallons of soup - I have a BIG pot). Throw spice in there, (salt peper, garlic, 2 tbs powder chicken gravy, italin spice anything you like) just a little to start with. Put some dressing, gravy, stuffing all but turkey pieces. An onion or two, chopped celery and let it roll for a few hours, say medium heat. After that, taste and see if more salt, pepper and spices.After that pull carcass out and let cool a bit and get as much meat off the bones with out getting any bones. I strain soup to make sure no bones. Put broth back in stock pot and add you veggies (onions, carrots, corn, celery, ect.) and taste for flavor. Add turkey and let rol on med heat for an hour or two till hard veggies done.I have found, unless you want to have a thick stew like soup, boil noodles separately and add at serving time.NOW eat! Hope you enjoy...
How soon before christmas should you kill a turkey?
The time before Christmas should you kill a turkey is a couple of days. This is to keep it fresh.
Where can i buy a boneless turkey for christmas?
- Whole boneless turkey crowns fresh from the farm. Tender and tasty not just for Christmas but for any day of the week. All turkeys are boned and trimmed and are ready to just pop in the oven. Do you have more guests coming for dinner? Why not snap up one of our marvellous larger turkey crowns. Th..
Who started the tradition of eating turkey on christmas?
king Henry viii
Are people from turkey middle eastern?
It depends on who you ask. Some people include Turkey as part of the Middle East and others exclude them. They are certainly culturally distinct from other Middle Eastern peoples, like Arabs, Persians, Kurds, Jews, Copts, etc., than those groups are from each other, but they are much more similar to these groups than they are to Balkan peoples, Russians, or Europeans in general.
Can people get sick from turkey?
Anyone who has eaten any ground turkey and developed symptoms of Salmonella infection should seek medical attention. Sick people should tell their doctors about the possible exposure to Salmonella bacteria because special tests are necessary to diagnose salmonellosis.
Do people in turkey celebrate thanksgiving?
They DO celebrate Thanksgiving in Turkey. They celebrate the same way we do.
Do they stone people in turkey?
Capital punishment has been abolished in Turkey as of 2004, and Turkey has not executed any prisoners since October 1984.
How are people elected in turkey?
- Elections in Turkey are held for six functions of government: presidential elections (national), parliamentary elections (national), municipality mayors (local), district mayors (local), provincial or municipal council members (local) and muhtars (local). Apart from elections, referenda are also held occasionally.
How many people 8.5 lb turkey?
Think of about two pounds of the entire turkey per person for a small gathering (4 to 8 people), and about 1.5 pounds of the entire, larger turkey per person for a larger group (10 to 16). Remember: The larger the bird, the higher the meat-to-bone ratio.
How many people are in turkey?
The population is 3,200,000
How much turkey for 20 people?
Last Christmas we had invited family and friends over to celebrate Jesus birth (we're Christians) it was about 20 people and we cooked i think a 18 pound one. We had left overs.Answer:It depends on how you purchase your turkey and the number of turkey eaters there will be in the crowd. Some folks are vegetarians! Figure on:
- 1 pound of unstuffed, whole turkey per person for moderate leftovers.
- 3/4 pound per person if you're buying just turkey breasts
- 1/2 pound per person for boneless turkey breasts
- 1-1/4 pounds per person if you're buying a prestuffed, frozen bird.
- Step 3Figure on about 3/4 pound per person if you're buying just a turkey breast. Allow 1/2 pound per person for boneless turkey breast.
- Step 4Allow about 1-1/4 pounds per person if you're buying a prestuffed, frozen bird.
- Read more: How to Figure Out What Size Turkey to Buy | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6590_figure-size-turkey.HTML#ixzz0tDgRVEo1
How much turkey for 35 people?
- With our handy guide, you'll know exactly how much turkey should you be buying per person and whether that 15-pound bird is big enough or a few extra pounds are needed. As a general rule when buying turkey, plan on 1 pound of turkey per person. This allows approximately 7 cooked ounces of meat per serving.
People who quit cold turkey are?
- A person who quits cold turkey completely stops consuming the substance with immediate effect. The other approach involves gradually decreasing the consumption or use of the substance until a person can stop entirely. If an individual has become dependent on a substance, they may experience withdrawal symptoms when quitting cold turkey.
What are people from turkey called?
I don't think that is correct. At Turk is from Turkmenistan
Why do people live in turkey?
For the most part, Turkey is a very good place to live. It is modern with high standard of living. There are some problems on the borders, but, all in all, it is a diverse place to live.
What are the release dates for their christmas turkey - 1912?
Their Christmas Turkey - 1912 was released on: US 25 December 1912
What does eating a turkey on a christmas day mean?
i think it means like Jesus' birth there was animals there such as a bird and turkey is a bird. the turkey is honoured by eating it because it was at Jesus' and it is cooked to be eaten on Christmas day
Ft worth turkey trot how many people?
- A Thanksgiving Tradition The Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot started on Thanksgiving morning in 1981 with just a 5K race. Since then, the Turkey Trot has grown from 200 runners to over 10,000 in our 5K, 10K and Gobbler Trot races. It has become a Fort Worth tradition for generations of families and our community.
How can some people quit cold turkey?
The most accepted meaning of quitting cold turkey is “to quit abruptly with no treatment support or replacement medications,” according to Dr. J. Taylor Hays, a Mayo Clinic College of Medicine professor and director of the Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Center.
How many people does a 12lb turkey?
- A 12-lb turkey is a mid-sized turkey that won't be hard to handle and doesn't require many hours to roast. Depending on the size of your guests' appetites, a 12-lb. turkey should feet approximately 12 people. Don't be concerned about leftovers, as leftover turkey almost never goes to waste. Even small pieces can be used to make soup or sandwiches.
How many people live in istanbul turkey?
About 12.6 million.