19597 best questions for Greece turkey
We've collected 19597 best questions in the «Greece turkey» category so you can quickly find the answer to your question!
Those interested in the Greece turkey category often ask the following questions:
▶️ Is turkey part of greece?
No, Turkey is not part of Greece. Turkey and Greece are two separate countries.
- Are greece and turkey the same country?
- What part of greece is now turkey?
- What country is between greece and turkey?
▶️ Is cyprus nearer greece or turkey?
The Cyprus Island is located in the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea which Turkey has borders with. So, Cyprus is much closer to Turkey than it is to Greece.
- Was turkey a part of ancient greece?
- What country is bigger greece or turkey?
- Why do turkey and greece hate each other?
▶️ What plan brined turkey and greece?
What's the best way to brine a Turkey?
- Weigh the turkey down with a plate or bowl if it floats. Brine the turkey in the refrigerator or an ice-filled cooler for 12 to 24 hours. If you’re brining outside the refrigerator, use a probe thermometer to ensure the brine’s temperature doesn’t exceed 40°F. Remove the turkey from the brine.
- The island contested between greece and turkey is?
- Is the us allies with greece and turkey?
- What are the claims of greece and turkey?
▶️ Are greece and turkey the same country?
NO. Greece and Turkey are two separate countries that border each other. Greeks and Turks have a centuries-long blood-feud which has barely been put to rest, so it is offensive to many Greeks and Turks to confuse the two countries.
- What body of water splits greece and turkey?
- How long can (greece) citizens stay in turkey?
- What was the relationship between greece and turkey?
▶️ What part of greece is now turkey?
The eastern part of Thrace, which was originally part of Greece, is now Turkey.
- Where was the earthquake in greece and turkey?
- Is there any train from turkey to greece?
- Is cyprus closer to greece or to turkey?
Top video from Greece turkey
We’ve collected for you several video answers to questions from the «Greece turkey» category:
Video answer: 3. preparing for sailing to greece | mediterranean | travel adventures turkey
Video answer: Along the borders of turkey 1/4 - the gate to europe: greece
Video answer: Turkey and greece trip
Video answer: Grilled turkey burger recipe - how to make greek turkey burgers on the weber kettle
Top 19577 questions from Greece turkey
We’ve collected for you 19577 similar questions from the «Greece turkey» category:
What is the island between greece and turkey?
Cyprus. ---- Definitely not Cyprus. Cyprus is in the meditterenian sea, which is at the south of turkey. There are more than 12 islands between Greece and Turkey, which are located on the egean sea.
What sea is located between greece and turkey?
Mediterranean Sea. Right below Greece and to the left of Turkey.
How many hours drive is turkey to greece?
Approximately 20.5 hours using E80.
Why did the us help greece and turkey?
- To prevent a Communist take-over, the U.S. assumed the “responsibility” of supporting the two countries. As stated in President Truman’s doctrine, the United States supplied Greece and Turkey with 400 million dollars for “economic and military assistance.” Why exactly was it necessary to help these nations?
Is there a war between turkey and greece?
- The maritime dispute between Greece and Turkey in the eastern Mediterranean Sea is the most public and most serious near-war instance between these two old enemies in nearly 45 years. What happens if they actually fight and a new Greco-Turkish War breaks out?
How do you get from greece to turkey?
- Ferries to Turkey. The easiest and most frequent way to travel between Greece and Turkey is on a ferry from a Greek island to the Turkish coasts. Some Eastern Aegean and Dodecanese islands are less than an hour ferry ride from the Turkish coasts, which results very convenient for a daily excursion or quick transfer between the two countries.
What is the conflict between greece and turkey?
- The Aegean dispute is a set of interrelated controversial issues for decades between Greece and Turkey over sovereignty and related rights in the area of the Aegean Sea. This set of conflicts has had a large effect on Greek-Turkish relations since the 1970s.
Why does greece want turkey to join the eu?
- Greece is a firm and sincere supporter of Turkey’s EU accession course, because Greece believes that the European Union is a catalyst for regional stability and growth, and that Turkey’s accession, if the EU standards are met, will benefit Turkey itself, Europe and the wider region.
Can greece defeat turkey if they go to war?
Greece! Turkey may have numbers, but Greece has a LONG history of winning over a greater force, like how 300 Greeks defeated nearly 1 million Persians, or how they put up against the Italians and Bulgarians. Yes, they could not only stop the Turks from reaching their homeland but take Eastern Thrace (especially Adrianople and Constantinople) and Western Turkey (Nicea, Smyrna/Izmir, and I hope Antioch) as well as Trebizond. If Russia, the Catholic Church, and the EU help, they can forever defeat Turkey and regain their former glory.
How long is the ferry from greece to turkey?
- The distance between the Greek islands of the Dodecanese and the North Aegean with the Turkish coast is short so the ferry trip can be from 20 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes, depending on the port of departure and the port of arrival as well as the ferry that you travel with.
What is the sea that splits greece and turkey?
The Aegean Sea.
What is the travel time from greece to turkey?
Both are the most beautiful destination for tourist attraction. June & September Month is the best travel time from Greece to Turkey.
How long is the boat ride from turkey to greece?
Ferries from Greece to Turkey
The distance between the Greek islands of the Dodecanese and the North Aegean with the Turkish coast is short so the ferry trip can be from 20 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes, depending on the port of departure and the port of arrival as well as the ferry that you travel with.
If russia tackled turkey by the rear would greece help?
No! Grease would make the turkey too slippery
The mediterranean island contested by both greece and turkey is?
Is there a duty free allowance from greece to turkey?
- It's a strange one for sure. The website doesn't really make it easy reading. BUT there's one thing to remember - there is a duty free allowance from Greece into Turkey (not sure if it's 400 or 600 cigs you're allowed or whatever amount in tobacco) - and if I didn't fancy arguing with a British customs officer,...
Do you need visa to travel from greece to turkey?
Im greek passport holder.do i need visa to visit turkey as a tourist?
Which sea provides a direct route from greece to turkey?
The distance between the island of Chios in the North East Aegean sea and the port of Cesme in the west coast of Turkey is only 15km (8 nautical miles) which means that the ferry ride is short and ideal for a day trip!
What is the mediterranean island contested by both greece and turkey?
Cyprus is an island in the Mediterranean Sea. Both Greece and Turkey have claimed to rules parts of the island or the whole island.
Which is the easiest way to travel from greece to turkey?
- The easiest way to travel between Greece and Turkey is on a ferry from a Greek island to the Turkish mainland (or vice-versa).
How long does it take to travel from turkey to greece?
- This air travel distance is equal to 721 miles. The air travel (bird fly) shortest distance between Greece and Turkey is 1,161 km= 721 miles. If you travel with an airplane (which has average speed of 560 miles) from Greece to Turkey, It takes 1.29 hours to arrive.
Who were the leaders of greece and turkey during world war 2?
King George II was in charge of Greece while Ismet Inonu was in charge of Turkey.
What was the center of a dispute between turkey and greece following world war 2?
The Cyprus dispute is a conflict betweenGreece and Turkey over Cyprus
How long does it take to sail across the aegean sea from turkey to greece?
From some of the islands of Greece you can easily see the shores of Turkey. From Rhodes, Greece it took us 2 hours to cruise to Kusadasi, Turkey
Does turkey eat turkey?
Yes, Turkey only does not eat pork, because of religion. Population of Turkey is %90, so it is hard to find pork over here. The name Turkey is the English version of the country's name. The country is called "turkiye" and the name has nothing to do with the bird. it does not mean turkey. that's only in the English language. so turkey and the Turkish people has no special approach to that particular bird.
Does turkey have turkey?
ofcouse Turkey has Turkey! Thats how it got its name... other sights to look it up are google.com Turkeyinfo.com learnabouteurope.net
Are turkey vultures part turkey?
No. Many birds have weird names like the elephant bird or the kiwi bird. There are so many birds, scientists have to make up names.
Did turkey come from turkey?
No. The turkey came from the New World. The fact that the country "Turkey" and the fowl "turkey" is the same word is merely coincidental.
Does turkey have turkey for thanksgiving?
No, they don't eat themselves, that would be weird. Answer yes
Does turkey have turkey in it?
Of course Turkey has turkey in it but name of the Turkey is not came from turkey. It has too many stories. The country turkey come from a tribal group called turkic
Do people in turkey eat turkey?
Turkish people eat turkey but very rarely. Turkey meat is not as popular as red meat or chicken.
Do turkey eat turkey for thanksgiving?
No, because if they eat other turkey for Thanksgiving it would be like you eating other people.
Is turkey same as turkey roll?
Turkey roll is made with turkey and other ingredients such as fillers, binders, and artificial flavor enhancers. Turkey is just turkey unless it has been injected with broth and flavoring. Turkey or turkey roll, read the list of ingredients to know what you are eating.
Do people in turkey like turkey?
Turkey (poultry) is not that commonly consumed in Turkey (country). It is just a question of what proliferates in any given area. However, Turkey (country) does consume a lot of chicken and it would not be much of a stretch to say that Turks would eat and like turkey if it were served to them in traditional Turkish ways or even in more common Western ways.
Why is europe's turkey called turkey?
The country got its name from the people, Turkey means strong and powerful. It just happens the name of the country in English is the same as the name of a fowl in English. The two are not linguistically related. Turkey in Turkish is Turkiye.
Do people from turkey eat turkey?
it isnt very popular in turkey
Can you take turkey into turkey?
no they are illegal
What percentage of turkey eats turkey?
Is butterball turkey roast real turkey?
Gluten free. Tender and juicy. With Butterball Gravy Packet. Made with turkey breast meat.
Adana, Turkey is the fourth largest city located in this fascinating country. It is located in the center of the Cukurova Plain which is the most agricultural area of all of Turkey. A relaxed old city with quaint tea houses and restaurants along the Seyhan Dam and Lake, Adana, Turkey is a fabulous destination. There is the river Seyhan that is spanned by an incredible ancient bridge called Taskopru, Stone Bridge. Built in Roman times it is 300 yards long and at that time was an amazing feat to accomplish. Right in the city is the Great Mosque built in the 16th century, the clock tower called Saat Kulesi built in 1882, and an old covered bazaar. To see many exotic Turkish carpets, manuscript books, swords and tombstones, visit the Ethnographical Museum. This interesting building used to be a church built by the Crusaders. There are many tea houses and restaurants where you can enjoy the delicious Adana Kebap as well as other meat dishes. Come to Adana, Turkey to enjoy the many historic sites, the food and the view of the river sunsets.
Who are the native people of trabzon greece?
- The Hayasa, who had been in conflict with the Central-Anatolian Hittites in the 14th century BC, are believed to have lived in the area south of Trabzon. Later Greek authors mentioned the Macrones and the Chalybes as native peoples.
What did sabiha gokcen do in athens greece?
- Sabiha Gökçen in Athens, during her 1938 Balkan tour. Atatürk attached great importance to aviation and for that purpose oversaw the foundation of the Turkish Aeronautical Association in 1925. He took Sabiha along with him to the opening ceremony of Türkkuşu ( Turkishbird) Flight School on 5 May 1935.
Is the bay of izmir important to greece?
- Garlanded around the azure-blue Bay of İzmir, it has been an important Aegean port since ancient times, when it was the Greek city of Smyrna, and its seafront kordon (promenade) is as fetching and lively as any in the world.
What is the population of bodrum in greece?
- The city had a population of 35,795 in 2012. It takes 50 minutes via boat to reach Kos from Bodrum, with services running multiple times a day by at least three operators. In classical antiquity Bodrum was known as Halicarnassus ( Ancient Greek: Ἁλικαρνασσός, Turkish: Halikarnas ), a major city in ancient Caria.
What is the history of bolu in greece?
- Bolu was part of one of the Hittite kingdoms around 2000 BC and later 500 BC became one of the leading cities of the Kingdom of Bithynia (279 BC - 79 BC). Bebryces, Mariandynes, Koukones, Thyns and Paphlagons are native people of the area in antique era.
When did konya become a part of greece?
- In 1923 in the frame of the population exchange between Greece and Turkey, the Greeks that inhabited Sille, a nearby village, left as refugees and settled in Greece. The first local administration in Konya was founded in 1830. This administration was converted into a municipality in 1876.
What was giresun known for in ancient greece?
- The Greeks of the island held out against the Ottomans for 7 years after the fall of Trebizond (modern Trabzon) in 1461. Historically, Giresun was known for producing hazelnut. As of 1920, hazelnuts covered 460 square miles of the area. Manganese mines were also in the area, producing 470 tons as of 1901.
Why is the country turkey called turkey?
actually you dont call Turkey the country as turkey the animal. you call the animal as Turkey. because the first turkey(hindi animal) comes from the country Turkey. lots of turkeys huh.
Why is the state turkey named turkey?
In turkish, turkeys name is Turkiye, so in English they thought it would be easy to call it Turkey.
Distance from kusadasi turkey to izmir turkey?