Difference between turkey vs chicken
18455 best questions for Difference between turkey vs chicken
We've collected 18455 best questions in the «Difference between turkey vs chicken» category so you can quickly find the answer to your question!
- Video from Difference between turkey vs chicken
- Top 18435 questions for Difference between turkey vs chicken
- 40 related categories
Those interested in the Difference between turkey vs chicken category often ask the following questions:
▶️ What is the difference between chicken and turkey?
- The main dissimilarity between turkey and chicken is that of their distinctive appearances. A turkey has dark coloured plumage with a featherless neck and head, and is almost 10 to 15 pounds heavier than the average chicken. Turkeys are dark colored while chickens have colorful plumage, and male chickens are even more colorful.
- What's the difference between chicken broth and turkey broth?
- What is the difference between chicken gravy and turkey gravy?
- What is the difference between a turkey and chicken egg?
▶️ What is the difference between turkey and chicken meat?
The main difference is chicken breast contains slightly more calories than turkey breast, and dark meat chicken provides more calories than dark meat turkey. Macronutrient amounts are similar between chicken and turkey. However, calorie (and fat) content is higher in dark versus white meat.
- What is the difference between a turkey and a chicken like a turkey has a gobble and a chicken doesn't?
- What is the difference between the methods used to broil chicken and turkey?
- What's the difference between turkey chicks and turkey poults?
▶️ What's the difference in protein between chicken and turkey?
- Both chicken and turkey wing meat provides the same amount of protein per ounce (28 grams) — about 9 grams ( 4, 5 ). Summary There is very little difference in the protein content of white meat cuts of chicken and turkey.
- What's the difference between ground turkey and frozen turkey?
- What's the difference between ground turkey and minced turkey?
- What is the difference between turkey and turkey crown?
▶️ What's the difference between chicken broth and turkey broth?
- This almost always happens when I use the carcasses from either fowl to make broth. It doesn't seem to be dependent on how I cooked either bird. Turkeys=white broth...Chickens = clear or mildly brownish broth. It's almost chemical??? Is there any cautions I should be observing?
- What's the difference between whole turkey and deboned turkey?
- What's the difference between turkey stuffing and turkey meat?
- What's the difference between turkey and ham?
▶️ What is the difference between chicken gravy and turkey gravy?
I know that of course you can flavor it however you wish, but I've noticed that while turkey gravy often is very savory with hints of wine and aromatics, chicken gravy is often much blander with a taste similar to the light colored pale gravy at most high school cafeterias…
- What is the difference between turkey sausage and turkey kielbasa?
- What is the difference between honey turkey and regular turkey?
- What is the difference between whole turkey and turkey breast?
Video from Difference between turkey vs chicken
We’ve collected for you several video answers to questions from the «Difference between turkey vs chicken» category:
Video answer: Strongest men vs strongest fish
Video answer: Thanksgiving day roast turkey breast & gravy | diy for beginners | learn how to make demonstration
Video answer: All about turkish coffee! by aysenur altan
Video answer: How to roast a turkey in a conventional or convection oven
Top 18435 questions from Difference between turkey vs chicken
We’ve collected for you 18435 similar questions from the «Difference between turkey vs chicken» category:
What is the difference between egypt and turkey?
They are two different countries. Egypt is in Africa and Turkey is on the border of Asia and Europe. But, if you are talking about turkeys that you eat, they are birds that people shoot and eat on Thanksgiving.
What's the difference between stuffing and turkey dressing?
- Stuffing is an extremely versatile food that works well with various flavors. While it's most commonly paired with turkey, it can also be included with chicken, pork, mushrooms, and bell peppers, among other foods. The difference between stuffing and dressing depends on how it’s prepared and regional traditions.
What's the difference between bodrum and eastern turkey?
- The food is different, the way of dressing is different, and the way of life is different. In fact, in some ways, these areas in Eastern Turkey feel more like their neighbours (Iran, Iraq, and Syria) than they do Istanbul or Bodrum.
What is the difference between ham and turkey?
ham is from a pig turkey is from...a turkey
What is the difference between a heritage turkey?
They have proportionally smaller breasts, darker leg meat, and are generally gamier in flavor than industrially raised turkeys. Heritage birds are also older than conventional birds at the age of slaughter (26-28 weeks compared to 14-18 weeks), which results in sturdier meat.
What's the difference between a kosher turkey and a regular turkey?
What The Label Means: Kosher turkeys have two distinct differences from natural turkeys. Only one of them affects their flavor. First, they've been ritually slaughtered by a shechita and killed according to kosher law. Secondly, they're heavily salted after slaughter, ostensibly to draw out excess blood.
Is there a difference between a wild turkey and farm turkey?
A farm turkey will be heavier and larger, but the meat will be less flavorful (if you are a meat-eater). A wild turkey will tend to be much smaller but also much more flavorful. The farm turkey can be easily captured in a grocery store, but a wild turkey has to be chased around in the woods.
What's the difference between a white turkey and a black turkey?
Black turkey characteristics include a fuller, gamier flavour, a smaller breast than the White varieties and a fine texture.
Is the turken a cross between a chicken and a turkey?
- Is a Turken a Cross Between a Chicken and a Turkey? This breed, also known as the Transylvanian Naked Neck, was first bred in Hungary and later perfected in Germany. Contrary to what some folks believe, the Naked Neck is 100% chicken—it is not a cross between a turkey and a chicken.
What is the difference between bacon and turkey bacon?
Turkey bacon is healthier than regular bacon. Regular bacon is made from pigs.
What's the difference between brown gravy and turkey gravy?
Unlike white gravy, brown gravy contains broth instead of milk… The Food Network's classic turkey gravy, for example, begins with a roux made from fatty turkey drippings and all-purpose flour.
What's the difference between a peacock and a turkey?
- Peacock and turkey birds are opposite in terms of appearance, and you can easily distinguish between both of them. Here we will discuss, peacock and turkey features and who would win if a fight happens between both the species.
What is the time difference between uk and turkey?
Turkey is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
What's the difference between cold turkey and remeron withdrawal?
- Cold Turkey vs. Tapering Quitting any antidepressant “cold turkey,” including Remeron is thought to yield more severe withdrawal symptoms than if you conduct a gradual taper. By tapering, you allow your body and brain to gradually adjust to changes in dosage.
What are the comparison difference between uk and turkey?
A couple of letters.
What's the difference between a turkey and a rooster?
a rooster has a boobs on it's belly and a turkey is made from goat horns.
How many hours difference between from tennessee to turkey?
Are there wild turkeys in the state of Tennessee?
- Now that the wild turkey has been restored to Tennessee, our goal is to ensure that a vigorous, self-sustaining population is maintained in all suitable habitats of the state. Turkeys will be managed to best meet the needs and desires of the people of Tennessee.
What is the time difference between turkey and uk?
Turkey is 2 hours ahead of the United Kingdom.
What's the difference between a fresh and frozen turkey?
How far in advance to buy a fresh turkey?
- Buy a fresh turkey one to two days before you will be cooking it. Some labels can be helpful by including a sell by date. The sell by date is the last date the store can sell the turkey as fresh. The turkey will maintain optimal quality and safety one to two days after that date.
What's the time difference between the us and turkey?
- This will be between 7AM - 11PM their time, since Turkey is 10 hours ahead of United States. If you're available any time, but you want to reach someone in Turkey at work, you may want to try between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM your time.
What the difference between turkey bacon and pork bacon?
Turkey bacon is bacon produced from the meat of a Turkey. Pork bacon is bacon produced from the meat of a Pig.
What is the time difference between manitoba and turkey?
What is the time difference between turkey and canada?
What's the difference between smoking and roasting a turkey?
- Smoked Turkey Hot smoking a turkey takes longer than roasting because it's usually done at temperatures of 185 to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Birds of up to 14 pounds can usually be smoked whole in six to eight hours; larger turkeys should be halved or quartered to cut down the cooking time.
What's the time difference between south africa and turkey?
- This will be between 7AM - 11PM their time, since Turkey is 1 hour ahead of South Africa. If you're available any time, but you want to reach someone in Turkey at work, you may want to try between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM your time.
What is the time difference between england and turkey?
Turkey is 2 hours ahead of England. -OR- England is 2 hours behind Turkey.
What's the difference in calories between turkey and pork?
- A hundred gram serving of pork contains 242 calories, meanwhile, turkey meat contains 189 calories. Both of these foods contain almost the same amount of protein. The difference between the amounts of essential amino acids is also very little.
What is the difference between a kosher turkey and a fresh turkey?
i don't think there is one, unless the fresh turkey is not kosher. They are quite different. Kosher turkeys, like any kosher poultry, must have been slaughtered in a specific way mandated by halakha (Judaic law). Subsequently, they can only be cleaned using cold water, and are soaked, then salted in order to draw all remaining blood out of the bird. Due to the use of only cold water, kosher turkeys usually have residual pin feathers that will need to be plucked before roasting the bird. Due to the salting, they do not need to be brined as fresh turkeys do. Brining a kosher turkey will result in an over-salted bird.
What's the difference between a brine cured turkey and a roasted turkey?
- Brining makes it harder to get a crisp skin (the skin retains water too), leaves the cooking juices too salty to use for sauce or gravy, and gives the breast meat the texture of deli turkey breast rather than roasted turkey breast, bouncy like a brine-cured ham."
What is the difference between a butterball turkey and a honeysuckle turkey?
The brand of frozen turkey generally makes no difference either. The processing plant just changes lables - same turkeys, same processing. Butterball brand does have their own processing plants and procedures.
Is the turken chicken a turkey or a chicken?
- Here is an odd bird, and chances are you’ve never seen another breed quite like it. Some people even think that Turken Naked Necks are an actual cross between a turkey and a chicken. The name Turken can sometimes add to this confusion, as the name is derived from the once popular idea that this animal was a hybrid animal.
Can chicken and turkey fly?
Can chicken hatch turkey eggs?
How many days does it take a turkey egg to hatch?
- Turkey eggs take approximately 28 days to hatch (stop turning them on day 25 of incubation). With the number of incubators available to use, it’s best to start with the instructions for your incubator and make adjustments as necessary.
Is turkey healthier than chicken?
Turkey is fairly comparable to chicken in nutrients, but both its dark and white meat are slightly leaner. White meat has slightly less saturated fat than dark; skinless, boneless breast is leanest. Super-lean, lower in fat than other red meat. Look for loin cuts like tenderloin or top loin, which are typically leaner.
Is turkey better than chicken?
- Not only is turkey better for you than red meats and pork, but it also has a big wing up on its poultry counterpart – chicken. Going pound for pound (or ounce for ounce, more like it), turkey is by far the healthier option over chicken.
Is turkey chicken or beef?
Neither. Turkey is Turkey
Is a turkey a chicken?
No. A turkey is not a chicken. They are two different animals.
Is turkey cheaper than chicken?
- Chicken is both cheaper and far more convenient than turkey for your average consumer, and that's enough. It's no surprise that it's the world's poultry of choice.
Is chicken better than turkey?
It depends upon one's personal opinion!
Is turkey tastier than chicken?
it depends on the seasoning
Does turkey taste like chicken?
Turkey tastes very much like chicken - probably a little drier, depending how it's cooked, and with less fat.
Whats healthier chicken or turkey?
Healthiest to least healthy
White meat has slightly less saturated fat than dark. Turkey is fairly comparable to chicken in nutrients, but both its dark and white meat are slightly leaner. White meat has slightly less saturated fat than dark; skinless, boneless breast is leanest.
What is the difference between the first thanksgiving turkey and your thanksgiving turkey?
We have turkey seasoning and fancy ovens and they did not. Also, turkeys today are raised on farms. The turkeys served at the first Thanksgiving were wild.
What's the difference between dry and wet seasoning for turkey?
- Seasoning rubs can be either wet or dry—dry rubs are made up of powdered spices and dry herbs, while wet include liquids such as oil, wine, or vinegar. When using a rub, remember to get the mix under the skin and inside the turkey. To do this, gently place your hand between the breast skin and meat...
What is the difference between a turkey and an ostrich?
The difference between a turkey and an ostrich is huge. One of the big differences is the location where they live.
What is the difference between a turkey and a hen?
turkey is bigger and are extremely stupid. a hen is chicken and are smaller and usually are on local farms.
What's the difference between cold turkey and wean off cigarettes?
- Many smokers would have tried one or the other and possibly not experienced success but both methods has its pros and cons. Going ‘cold turkey’ means to suddenly quit cigarettes or other nicotine products altogether whereas ‘weaning off’ means gradually reducing the quantity and frequency of cigarettes and nicotine products over a period of time.
What's the difference between a male and female wild turkey?
- The female, significantly smaller than the male, weighs 5 to 12 pounds and is only 30 to 37 inches long. Despite their size, wild turkeys can run at speeds up to 25 mph and fly up to 55 mph. Physical Features and Plumage: The male has featherless, red head and throat and a body covered in red, bronze, and gold iridescent feathers.
What's the difference between 150 and 165 degrees for turkey?
- When those 4 minutes are up, take the turkey off the grill. Second – why 150 versus 165? Because meat is a combination of protein fibers and water. The moment meat gets to 120°F, or blood-red rare, the protein fibers start to tighten up, squeezing water out of the meat.
What is the difference between a turkey and a capon?
Turkeys and capons can be substituted for the other when cooking but a capon is generally much closer to a chicken than a turkey. It is much smaller than a turkey and has a more wild flavor.