How long does it take to smoke a 12 pound turkey?
- Top best answers to the question «How long does it take to smoke a 12 pound turkey»
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «How long does it take to smoke a 12 pound turkey?» often ask the following questions
- Your answer
- 25 Related questions
Top best answers to the question «How long does it take to smoke a 12 pound turkey»
For smoking a full turkey, set the smoker at 240°F. It is recommended to cook it for 30-40 Minutes per pound. A 8 pound turkey will take in average 4 hours while a larger, 12 pound turkey will take about 6 hours.
- Expect that the turkey will require at least 30 minutes per pound to smoke at 230 degrees. A 12-pound turkey will need six hours --minimum--to smoke. About an hour before you expect the turkey to be ready, check its progress.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «How long does it take to smoke a 12 pound turkey?» often ask the following questions:
▶️ How long does it take to smoke a turkey breast per pound?
Place turkey breast on smoker, breast facing up. I estimate about 35 minutes per pound. Baste the breast with butter approximately once ever hour to keep the skin crispy. Refresh the wood chips with the the remaining wood chips after about 2 hours.
- How long do you smoke a turkey per pound?
- How long does a spatchcock turkey take to smoke?
- How long does it take to smoke turkey breast?
▶️ How long does it take to smoke a 12 pound turkey at 250 degrees?
Smoking a turkey can be a long process, so be sure to start early in the day so that the turkey will be done by dinner time. Typically, it takes at least 6 hours to smoke an average sized turkey at 250 degrees F. Plan on having your turkey cook for about 30 minutes per pound.
- How long does it take to cook 12 pound turkey?
- How long do you smoke a spatchcocked turkey per pound?
- How long does it take to smoke 11 lbs turkey?
▶️ How long do i smoke an 18 pound turkey?
Put the turkey into the smoker and smoke for 30 to 40 minutes per pound, or until an instant read thermometer (or stay-in-the-bird probe thermometer) reads 160°F in the thickest part of the breast meat.
- How long does it take to smoke a whole turkey?
- How long does it take to smoke an 11lb turkey?
- How long does a 20 pound turkey take in a roaster?
We've handpicked 25 related questions for you, similar to «How long does it take to smoke a 12 pound turkey?» so you can surely find the answer!
How long does it take a 12 pound turkey to thaw?
Allow 30 minutes of thawing time for each pound of turkey, which translates to two to six hours for a 4- to 12-pound turkey. A 12- to 15-pound bird will thaw in six to eight hours.
How long does it take a 14 pound turkey to fry?
Fry Until the Turkey Reaches 165°F
A deep-fried turkey typically requires 3 1/2 minutes per pound, so a 12- to 14-pound bird will take 40 to 50 minutes to reach 165°F. When checking the bird's internal temperature, use the hook that attaches to the poultry rack to slowly lift the turkey from the oil.
How long does it take a 16 pound turkey to cook?
- For whole, unstuffed turkeys in oven cooking bags, cook at 350 °F (176.7 °C) for the following approximate times: 8-12 lb turkey: 1 1/2 to 2 hours; 12 to 16 lb. turkey: 2 to 2 1/2 hours; 16-20 lb turkey: 2 1/2 to 3 hours; 20-24 lb turkey: 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Add 30 minutes to the times if you are stuffing the turkey.
How long does it take a 20 pound turkey to thaw?
Thaw It in the Refrigerator
Thawing in the refrigerator is the ONLY recommended way to defrost a frozen turkey. For it to work, however, you'll need plenty of time: 24 hours of defrosting time for every 4 to 5 pounds of bird. A large turkey, say, 15 to 20 pounds, will need to spend 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
How long does it take to cook a 21.5 pound turkey?
A 21.5 pound turkey should be cooked for about 4.5 hours. The turkey should be cooked at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long does it take to cook a 22 pound turkey?
- roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours.
- roast 3½ to 4 hours.
- roast 4 to 4¼ hours.
- roast 4¼ to 4¾ hours.
- roast 4¾ to 5¼ hours.
How long does it take to cook a 25 pound turkey?
- The general rule for cooking a turkey is 20 minutes per pound, but that can vary depending on whether or not your turkey recipe calls for a stuffed or unstuffed bird. Use this handy chart to determine approximately how long to cook it, whether stuffed or unstuffed.
How long does it take to defrost a 13 pound turkey?
Thaw time in the fridge requires about 24 hours for every 5 pounds in a refrigerator set at about 40 degrees F (5 degrees C). Thaw time in cold water requires about 30 minutes per pound in cold water, refreshed every 30 minutes.
How long does it take to fry a 30 pound turkey?
24- to 30-pound turkey cooking time (unstuffed): Cook for 4½ to 5 hours at 325°F. 24- to 30-pound turkey cooking time (stuffed): Cook for 5½ to 6¼ hours at 325°F.
How long does it take to roast a 11 pound turkey?
Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that's about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long does it take to roast a 12 pound turkey?
- The simplest say to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that's about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-pound bird).
How long does it take to thaw a 14 pound turkey?
When thawing a turkey in the refrigerator, allow 24 hours of defrosting time for every 4 to 5 pounds of bird, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. So, if the turkey weighs 4 to 12 pounds, plan for it to defrost in the fridge for one to three days.
How long does it take for a 16 pound turkey to defrost?
- Empty out the water and replace it with fresh cold water. With this method, allow 30 minutes of defrosting time per pound, so a 16 pound turkey will take 8 hours to thaw using this method (so you might need to start around 4 a.m. if you want to eat in the afternoon!).
How long does it take for a 16 pound turkey to thaw?
- This is the safest method because the turkey will thaw at a consistent, safe temperature. This method takes some time, so allow one day for each 4 - 5 pounds of weight. If your turkey weighs 16 pounds, it will take about four days to thaw.
How long does it take to bake a stuffed 20 pound turkey?
Cover turkey loosely with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Cooking time takes longer for a stuffed turkey. For example, a 20 pound stuffed turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 1/4 hours to cook.
How long does it take to cook a 17 pound thawed turkey?
- Heat the oven to 325°F.
- Place the turkey in the roasting pan: Unwrap the turkey and place it on top of a roasting rack inside a roasting pan.
- Roast for 2 1/2 hours.
- Check the temperature: This temperature check is just to get a reference point for how quickly the turkey is cooking.
How long does it take to cook a 4.8 pound turkey breast?
A 4–6 pound breast should take anywhere between 1 1/2 hours to 2 1/4 hours. A 6–8 pounder should take from 2 1/4 to 3 1/4 hours. If you're using a convection oven, a 3-pound breast should take about 1 1/2–2 hours at 350F. Do not go by cooking times.
How long does it take to cook an 18 pound fresh turkey?
If your turkey weighs 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at: 425°F for 3½ to 3¾ hours. 400°F for 3¾ to 4 hours.
How long does it take to deep fry a 10 pound turkey?
- Directions. Immediately check the oil temperature and increase the flame so the oil temperature is maintained at 350 degrees F. If the temperature drops to 340 degrees F. or below, oil will begin to seep into turkey. Fry about 3 to 4 minutes per pound, or about 35 to 42 minutes for a 10 to 12 pound turkey.
How long does it take to thaw a 5 pound turkey breast?
It should take one to two days to thaw it out in the fridge.
How long does it take to thaw an 8 pound turkey breast?
Place unopened roast on a tray in refrigerator for 1½ to 2 days, or until thawed. To thaw faster, place unopened roast in cold tap water for 3 to 5 hours. Change water every 30 minutes to keep turkey cold. When thawed, keep in refrigerator until ready to cook.
How long will a 28 pound turkey take to cook?
Turkey weight with giblets: 28–30 lb.
Cooking time: 3½ to 4½ hr.
How long does a 13.13 pound turkey cook?
Your turkey is done when the internal temperature is minimum 165 degrees F. ... How Long to Cook an Unstuffed Turkey.
|8 to 12 pounds||2¾ to 3 hours|
|12 to 14 pounds||3 to 3¾ hours|
|14 to 18 pounds||3¾ to 4¼ hours|
|18 to 20 pounds||4¼ to 4½ hours|
How long does it take to smoke a 3lb boneless turkey breast?
I use 3-lb boneless turkey breasts and they smoke at 250 degrees F in about 3 hours. If your turkey breast is bone-in, you'll need to add another 1-1.5 hours.
How long does it take to smoke a turkey at 350 degrees?
Place in the smoker and cook over indirect heat for about 12 minutes per pound. About 2 hours 45 minutes for a 14lb turkey, or until the internal temperature of the breasts reach 160° F and 175° F in the thickest part of the thighs. Rest the cooked turkey for 30 minutes before carving and serving.